CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Sunshine after the rain

It's been some time since I last posted anything. Little Bri has been so sick the whole of last week. One of the nights, we very nearly had to send the poor babe to hospital! She's been coughing and sneezing the whole of last week and the climax was during the weekend. She was constantly coughing, sneezing, vomiting, crying. In that order. I didnt sleep from Thursday to Sunday! Luckily, she took a turn for the better and managed to sleep through on Sunday night. So here I am, on a chirpy Monday morning, with the whole world right again cos I managed to get my full night's rest at last!
When a child falls sick, especially a very young one, everyone is so concerned and worried about the child. Fussing over the child, making sure the child is alright, comfortable, etc. We often forget that it is the caregiver, usually the mother, who is also in need of some care and comfort. Especially when it is a long drawn out illness. I am lucky (in a sense) that Bri was sick for a short period of time. Even the few days of stress was enough to make me feel like hell. I can only imagine how bad it must be for the parents of children who have long drawn illness requiring constant care. Not only do they have to endure physical stress, the emotional upheaval they go through is even more difficult for them, I believe.
So, every morning, I will give thanks that I can still wake up and see the beautiful sky, smell the fresh morning air, listen to the traffic sounds outside, feel the mild heat of the morning sun.
I've got a wonderfully supportive husband and family, 2 gorgeous healthy children, a stable and happy family.... What more do I wish for? I know now that life is not about wishing for things that others have, but what we ourselves have worked for and achieved on our own. There is no need to want to be like anyone else but ourselves and that will be what will make us the happiest!
Wishing everyone the best for the week ahead!

1 comment:

Cloudsters said...

Sounds like it was a most trying episode. Glad that things are better... nice bit of uplifting prose.