CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2007

It's been a Long Time!

I've got 2 layouts here that I did quite some time back. It was meant for the Laine's Design Team competition. Then I realised that I was not really interested in doing all these design thingy. I'm not even sure that I'm good enough for them! Hahaha! I enjoy scrapping for the sake of scrapping and I don't think that I can commit myself to a time frame or a particular theme. So here goes! MYSELF!This one here is the cover page of a MYSELF album. I got different but matching pattern paper squares, glued them together and then sewed the zig zag stitches through them. Then the sides, I did the normal straight line stitching. I used black thread because I felt it stood out more.
This photo was taken on my honeymoon in June 2000 in Alaska. I hugged the utterly adorable Alaskan Husky puppy! The swirls were chipboard and covered with pattered paper. It was then painstakingly cut out. The white flower is Heidi Swapp and folded in half. The words are from AC Thickers alphas. There are some handstitched swirls along the chipboard swirls. Tip : Draw in pencil what you want to stitch. Then, using a sharp awl, poke holes along the pencil lines. Makes it easier to sew!

No comments: